From Corbin's Heart


Dear Friends & Family,

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.

The words to the above song have sustained me for the past couple of weeks. After a month or so of feeling sorry for myself and my family, focusing on what was not right or fair and who is letting us down; I have turned my focus back to being thankful for ALL we have. Faith, family, friends and fun! We have so much to be thankful for! Thank you for continuing to pray for our family, we really feel your prayers! I have a request for prayer this week but it is more than I want to share right now. So please just pray for “Cindy’s special request.” We appreciate all of you and all you do for our family. Corbin wanted to share some words this week. He sat with me tonight and dictated this to me:

Many of you think of me as being the youngest Ziemke. Well you are right I am. Many of you want to know how I get through each day. Even though my Dad is sick I always try to avoid thinking about it. Whenever someone asks me about my Dad or I hear people talking about him, I try to change the subject or I just walk away. I know I should be trying to deal with it but I would rather just not think about it. I have many memories of my Dad, such as sitting on his lap as he taught me to drive when I was very young. At Lake Nacimiento he would let me sit on his lap and steer as he would control the gas pedal. When I was 9 years old he let me drive his big truck in the parking lot of the Los Alamitos Race Track. I really do want to let go and cry all the time but I know I will be sad forever if I don’t toughen up and enjoy the time we have left. I need to be strong and enjoy the time we have left by spending happy times with him not time crying or acting up. My Dad is my hero and he will always be!   Love, Corbin

We are so proud of his love and strength.

Love,
Cindy, Curt, Clarissa, Cayden & Corbin
 
Thursday Night Guys Night
Curt with Larry, Ed, Ray and Bill


Friday lunch at Adelita's
Darrin, Ray, Bill, Margie, Larry, Me, Bernie, Lori, Lisa, Paul & Curt


Happy Birthday Don & Sabrina!

Redondo Beach Fish Market


Picking an oyster and hoping for a pearl!


YAY! Everyone found pearls in their oysters!



Growing up next door to Suzie (Suzette) was so amazing! She had the coolest Barbies, clothes and friends. She is here for a week from Hawaii and it was great to have lunch with her today.
 Although we are separated by distance our hearts remain as close as always. 




Sunday Lunch and Redondo Beach Pier with the Beedy Family!



No comments: