Telling Our Story on Video


Dear Friends & Family,

When Curt was diagnosed with ALS a little over 16 months ago, I knew that our future together was forever going to change. Curt is now in a wheel chair full time and he struggles to use his hands. It is getting more and more difficult for him to speak and it seems like a lifetime ago that things were normal.

Five months after Curt’s diagnosis, he and I sat down in front of a video camera (after a lot of urging from our friend Steve Gallie) to talk about our life and to share our story. I didn’t know exactly what I would do with this video, or even with whom I would share it....but now its purpose seems clearer. Curt looks so healthy in these videos, he could walk and talk so well. I’ve forgotten what it was like. Now I know that I was meant to share this video with all of you, our family and friends, who have been here to support us in so many ways...so you can remember Curt the way that I want to remember him...healthy and strong!

This is the first segment from that video, with more to follow.  We have also set up a Ziemke Family YouTube channel for all of the videos that we will be posting. A special thanks to Steve Gallie for encouraging us to sit in front of a video camera. Thank you for filming, editing and posting the videos for us. This is an awesome gift!
 



Friday, the 18th was Curt's 45th Birthday. We celebrated Thursday night at Buca Di Beppo with the kids, my parents and Curt's mom. On Friday morning, Bill & Carolyn Melanson hosted a breakfast birthday party at their house. A ton of Curt's friends were there (I guess nobody works on Fridays)! The food was delicious. Thank you Bill & Carolyn. I surprised Curt Friday night with a dinner at the office with a few of his closest friends. It was a fun party in a different venue! We spent the rest of the weekend catching up on sleep and relaxing. Whenever the sun would break through the rain and clouds Curt would sit outside and enjoy the sun. Otherwise he was in the house enjoying the warm fire (thanks Larry & Mark). Gotta love our California weather!

Have a great week!

Love,

Cindy, Curt, Clarissa, Cayden & Corbin


Barbara & Curt at Buca Di Beppo - Happy #45


Every other Friday Curt & I help with Bible verses in Corbin's class.
 Today, Clarissa & Cayden didn't have school so they joined us!

Breakfast at the Melanson Home



Happy Birthday Curt!

Birthday Dinner at American City Pest & Termite


George & Denise, Jim & Colleen
Happy Birthday!

No comments: