Just "Be"


Dear Friends & Family,

It's kinda like when you have a little baby to take care of. You run around all day trying to keep up with laundry, errands, chores, taking care of the baby's needs, documenting life with photos, etc. By the time you crawl into bed you wonder if you spent enough time just "being" with the baby. So you go to the crib and watch the baby sleep, listen to the breathing pattern, smell the sweet baby smell, etc. Suddenly you have renewed energy and hope that tomorrow will be a calmer day so there is more time to "be" together.

That is kind of what I am going through with Curt. We are busy; we juggle errands, work, sports, school functions, parties, and numerous commitments. We are happy that we are busy and wouldn't want it any other way. But there are times I wonder if I am taking it all in enough. I spent a few days in Chicago this past week and although it was great to get away, I realize my time is limited with Curt. I came home with renewed energy and ready to jump into our crazy schedule and caring for Curt. The kids took great care of him while I was gone and they have each expanded their roles in how they can help him. I spent most of last night tossing and turning. I found myself listening to him breathe. I want to remember everything about him; his smell, his strength, his gentle voice and his gorgeous smile. I want to take it all in and never forget what a truly amazing man he is. We will continue to stay busy because that helps keep our minds off the future. We also cherish our time when we can just "be" together. Life is about balance and not having regrets.

Love,
Cindy, Curt, Clarissa, Cayden & Corbin

Clarissa's Graduation Party.
A group of our friends gave Clarissa this balloon bouquet. The big one was filled with $1.00 bills.

She popped the balloon and money flew everywhere!


 

Clarissa and the guys!

Aunt Beverly feverishly collected t-shirts from Clarissa's elementary school, high school, college and volleyball club and incorporated them into a quilt. Aunt Bev is the most creative and craftiest person ever! This quilt is a gift Clarissa will cherish forever!

Happy Graduation Clarissa!


Girl's Trip to Chicago with Carolyn (right) and her sister Linda. 
This is the 110 floor of the Sears Tower.


We loved Chicago pizza!

I like the mix of the old buildings alongside the new modern buildings.

While I was in Chicago, the kids got Curt into the pool!

Curt took the kids to Speedzone for Father's Day. He enjoyed watching them race.
Happy Father's Day to the BEST Dad in the world!

No comments: