Challenge or Test?


Dear Friends & Family,

Newly married, lying in bed in our cozy camper, in Northern California, with heavy rain pouring on the aluminum roof, Curt and I talked about our future. We talked about not wanting to get old and stuffy and lose our sense of fun. We agreed even when we get old, we want to be fun and spontaneous people. We talked about the importance of having lots of friends and always living life to the fullest. Right then we decided to hop out of bed, go outside and run around the camper three times in the rain, just to prove our spontaneity. Laughing the entire time, we did it!

Since then we have continued to have fun and be spontaneous. Even though life does not pause when someone is sick, we have to find ways to make the most of our days. We still have to go to work, school, deal with flat tires, traffic, bills, medical decisions, all while being sleep deprived, and somehow, we can still find reasons to laugh.

Sometimes I think I am being tested. Can I get it all done and keep a good attitude? Other times I look at it as a challenge. “I CAN do this,” I repeat over and over. Either way, my faith, patience, dedication and will are tested each moment.

I have heard people say, “If anyone can do this, you can.” Truth is, I could never do it alone. Without God, Curt’s support, our children, friends and family, I would not be able to make it through the day. As they say, “It takes a village.” More than anything, it takes a good attitude. I can’t imagine taking care of Curt with a bitter heart. Curt and I can honestly say, we have made the most out of our lives together, we have passed the test and risen to the challenge with winning attitudes, keeping it fun as much as we possibly can. In a sense, we are still playing in the rain.

Please continue to pray for Curt’s comfort. He is struggling so much with swallowing, choking and now bed sores. This journey is really wearing on the kids, they are very emotional and tired. Thank you for continuing to pray for our family.

Love,
Cindy, Curt, Clarissa, Cayden & Corbin

Curt and The Dunnigan Sisters grew up as next door neighbors. 
Kellee, Jacki, Debbie, Sharon & Vicki came over to pray The Rosary with Curt.

Cayden and Mackenzie off to a Halloween Party!

Corbin with the Schultzes; Kelsey, Landon and Delaney at the pumpkin patch!

Clarissa and Chelsea ready for Halloween!

Steve from Oregon, Mom & Dad, and the Kudo Family visiting on Sunday.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Prayers and positive thoughts to you and the CZ family.